• Home
  • Agency
  • CTA Says No Threats Reported To Chicago Agency After Brooklyn Shooting – NBC Chicago

CTA Says No Threats Reported To Chicago Agency After Brooklyn Shooting – NBC Chicago

By on April 12, 2022 0

The Chicago Transit Authority said no threats were reported to its agency following a shooting that left several dead in the Brooklyn subway on Tuesday.

“No threats against the CTA have been reported,” the agency said in a statement shortly after news of the Brooklyn shooting broke.

However, the Chicago Police Department did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

At least eight people were shot dead in a Brooklyn subway on Tuesday by a man in an orange construction vest, possibly wearing a gas mask, who may have thrown a canister of smoke at the platform to distract crowds during rush hour, according to firefighters and law enforcement. officials. They emphasize that the investigation is preliminary.

The shooter was not in custody an hour and a half after opening fire on the train at the 36th Street and Fourth Avenue station in Sunset Park. The eight victims would have been in the same car.

According to several police sources briefed on the investigation, preliminary information indicated that the suspect who had fled was a man wearing a work vest and a gas mask.

Firefighters and police were investigating reports that there had been an explosion, but the police department tweeted that there were “no active explosive devices at this time”. Several smoke devices were found at the scene, said city hall spokesman Fabien Levy.

The NYPD is investigating. Federal investigators from the ATF and HSI are also at the scene.

  Agency